GIS3015 Cartographic Skills, Instructor, Mrs. Trisha Holtzclaw
In this lab we created an isohyet map illustrating mean annual precipitation for the state of Georgia.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Distinguish between true point vs conceptual point data
- Compare/Contrast manual vs automated interpolation methods
- Examine the different types of symbolization
- Manually interpolate point data into contour lines
- Create contour lines in ArcGIS using automated interpolation techniques
- Draw isolines using Adobe Illustrator
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT AWARDS
The following student was chosen for their exceptional work on the Isoline Mapping assignment:
What we like: His map was simple and to the point. He did an excellent job with his layout and made a grey scale map look polished and professional. Excellent job Brendan!
"The map was submitted for the week nine lab in the cartographic skills class. This was an exercise in the use of the pen and pencil tool in Illustrator. Moreover the goal was to understand how to interpolate a map of points, turning it into contours."