GIS4102 GIS Programming, Dr. Derek Morgan
Introduction to Python
In this week's lab, the student practiced using the different Python interfaces, and then prepared for future assignments in this course by completing a process summary, writing a blog post, and submitting basic deliverables. Graduate Students had an additional writing assignment.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Use the IDLE (Python GUI) interactive window
- Use the PythonWin interactive window
- Save and run a script in PythonWin
- Use the ArcGIS Interactive Python Window
- Run a script using PythonWin
- Successfully complete a process summary
- Successfully create a blog based on the module
- Successfully complete a module by submitting all deliverables
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT AWARDS
The following student was chosen for their exceptional work on the Introduction to Python assignment:
What we like: Valerie really kicked off the semester her write-up! She sufficiently summarized the article and addressed how the methodology related to the topics covered in class thus far, algorithms via pseudocode in this case. While not all topics covered in the article were completely understood, she successfully extracted the meaning and its application to her work! This provided us with a good example of what we expect from our graduate students in this class. She also successfully ran her first code to set up her folder system for this class. Great job, Valerie!
Let the summer spotlights begin!