Whether you are celebrating with fireworks cookouts or studying, we hope you have a great 4th of July holiday!
Did you know?
- There are thirty-one places nationwide with "liberty" in their names. The most populous is Liberty, Missouri with 29,581 residents. The state of Iowa boasts four such towns, which is more than any other state: Libertyville, New Liberty, North Liberty, and West Liberty.
- Thirty-one places are named "eagle" after the majestic bird that serves as our national symbol. The most populous community is Eagle County, Colorado, with a population of 51,359, then Eagle Pass, Texas, with 26,401 residents.
- Twelve places have "independence" in their name. The most populous of these is Independence, Missouri with 109,400 residents.
- Nine places adopted the name "freedom," including Freedom, California, with 6,000 residents.
- There are five places in the country that are named "America," the most populous being American Fork, Utah, population 25,596.
- There is one place named "patriot" - Patriot, Indiana, with a population of 195.